Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Submissions=Nightmares!!!!

In the life of engineering student,there is one particularly event that freaks even the most brave engineering student.And that event occurs twice during the whole academic year.That event is called Submissions.

It is this event in which a student has to present his/her practical journal or in student lingo "Hard work from the previous night" to his/her lecturer which then if his/her mood is good will sign it leave you right away but if your luck is bad get ready for last moment corrections,frantic searches for soft copy of a particular program whose output just came out to be wrong or worse write the write up of that experiment once again(and that can be a daunting task considering the amount of stuff that we have to write).

As one of my friends rightly said and I quote "Submission is that time of the year when the teachers get to show just how miserable they can make our lives ." and judging by what we went through I think whatever he said was true.Take for example this one teacher asked us to write 5 assignments.....5 sinfully long assignments and even then we didnt have the guarantee that he will take our submissions.And if that wasnt enough,he told us that he would take the submission after diwali vacation that means the whole time which we had reserved to have some well deserved fun and frolic was going to be cut short.....WAY short.Anyways somehow I managed to finish the assignments (by copying it from a friend who had just finished it and who also had copied it from someone else which makes me think whats the point of writing these assignments when we are anyways going to copy it??) and what happens??He just signs my Journal but when I produce my assignments,he is in such a hurry that he doesnt even have a glance at it.So all my
efforts and hardwork went down the drain.

Besides this we also had a project this time.Well there is nothing wrong about working on a project and sometimes it also great fun but only if everybody in your group is co-operating with you and there arnt any lazy scoundrels in your group.Well I somehow managed to deal with the project too( I really pity the IT students because the poor souls were to strictly use Oracle as a backend in their projects,they never had MS Access as an option.Dont get me wrong.Oracle is great but I feel it is somewhat easier to work with Access than Oracle.).

In the end after some whining and buttering,we all were able to get our submissions done.Guess Happy Endings really do occur!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment